Thursday, July 25, 2013

MAD FETE! PARTY LIKE IT'S 1960!

Like the rest of the world I LOVE MAD MEN! The decadent and salacious show is so addictive that I want to party like it's 1960. From the fashion, decor and more there is so much kitschy 60's inspiration to draw from. Here are a few elements I want to incorporate into my MAD MEN Fete ~ 




A '60s-themed  party wouldn't be complete without snacks for guests to munch on (I plan to have episodes of the show and 60's videos play on a projector as we mingle) . For me I want to keep it simple with popular appetizers from the era like deviled eggs, Swedish meatballs and a meat and cheese tray. Now we all know a good party it's all about the drink!  Cocktails from the time period were no joke, and it's just as important to have the right glasses and bar set up. A bar cart is perfect, but I don't have one handy, so I will decorate a quick fix bar and adorn with vintage decor. I'll be nice and  add a punch bowl to the table the guests who won't be drinking, and be sure not to  forget the ice bucket, shaker and stirrers. Highball and martini glasses are a must!  

PHOTOGRAPH BY ROMULO YANES HANDMADE “NEPTUNE” OLD FASHIONED GLASS BY STEUBEN
Graphics | HAUTE & SEXY


For the cocktails (the most important element of the fete!) I want to step it up a notch, with the ultimate '60s-style libation with a modern twist. What is it you ask? My friends it is the DISTRITO FEDERAL - it's a libation from the era that is a play off a Black Russian but better! It's near perfection with the perfect combo of rum and brandy - lucky for you all I have found it and thanks to Haitian Rhum and E&J XO Brandy. The brandy really makes the drinks and we all know - The Drapers and Sterlings enjoyed their liquor in style - with E&J you have just that. Since I am in a celebratory mood here's the recipe. And remember folks drink responsibly! 

DRINK OF CHOICE: DISTRITO FEDERAL

Into a cocktail shaker half filled with ice pour 1 jigger golden rum and 1/2 jigger each of E&J XO Brandy and coffee liqueur. Shake the mixture vigorously and strain it into an Old Fashioned glass filled with cracked ice.




 E&J XO Brandy was provided by BzzAgent via   E&J XO Brandy .  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of   E&J XO Brandy  .

No comments:

Post a Comment